Terms and Conditions
CANCELLATION POLICY in winter season
– Cancellation within 10 days of initial confirmation* will not incur a fee from Owashi Lodge, however any transaction fees incurred in the refund process will be deducted from the deposit
prior to the refund being issued.
– Cancellation after 10 days of the booking has been confirmed* AND before the balance due date is subject to a cancellation fee of 20% of the total amount plus any transaction fees incurred.
– Cancellation after the 80% balance is paid will incur a cancellation fee of 100% of the total amount (there will be no refund).
* For bookings made less than 10 days prior to arrival, cancellation less than 1 day before arrival will incur a cancellation fee of 100% (there will be no refund).
– Payment must be in Japanese Yen either via credit card, paypal, Square, bank transfer, or cash.
– For bank transfer, you are responsible for paying all bank fees applicable to the remittance of payment to any of the bank account on our invoices. Overseas bank transfer is not available for bookings made within 10 days of arrival.
– A deposit of 20% of the total cost of the booking must be paid within 10 days of the reservation being made before a reservation can be confirmed. Failure to do so will result in the reservation being cancelled without notice unless other arrangements are made. A reservation is not confirmed until we have e-mailed a Deposit Received Confirmation and your deposit payment has cleared into our account.
– Payment of the balance of the accommodation must be paid no later than 45 days prior to the arrival date. If reservations are made within 45 days of arrival date, the total amount must be paid in full within 10 days of the booking. If reservations are made within 10 days of arrival date, the total amount must be paid in full at the latest 1 day prior to the arrival date. Failure to make the payment on time may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
Owashi Lodge always strongly recommends you obtain travel insurance. This insurance can protect you against loss of personal belongings, public liability, injury and also against your need to cancel under certain conditions.
A scan of each guest’s passport must be taken on check-in, in compliance with Japanese Hotel Law. Check-in time is from 2:00pm and check-out time is 10:00am. All luggage must be removed from your room by the time of your check out, but you will be able to store your luggage at our front desk for the day.
LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE
– Credit card details are required upon check-in as a security deposit.
– Guests accept responsibility for loss and damage to the accommodation, fittings, furniture during occupation.
– There will be a fee of ¥2,000 for any lost keys.
– Owashi Lodge is a strictly non-smoking establishment.
– Should any guest be found misusing bathrooms, toilets, fire extinguishers, or any incidents that may occur due to excessive alcohol consumption will result in an immediate JPY30,000 fine that will be charged to your credit card. Also, the guests responsible may be evicted from the accommodation without a refund of costs.